Wednesday, February 15, 2006

American Abusers

More disturbing images have been released reflecting the cruel treatment of Iraqi prisoners by US soldiers at Abu Ghraib. I would first like to say that I completely support our efforts in Iraq, and more importantly, I support the efforts of our US military. I do not support, however, the lawlessness of a few of this nation's military recruits as they go against everything that is humane as they abuse and demoralize the prisoners.

I believe that full legal action should be taken against these insubordinates while some form of appeasement be made to the prisoners for their dehumanization. We are not savages; therefore, we should not act in accordance to a nature that would deem us to be such.

Understanding that their actions would perhaps lead to the deaths of current American war prisoners, I would say that these insubordinates were acting in manner that is far from patriotic. I am both confused and disturbed. In order to demonstrate the validity of our military efforts in Iraq, such aforementioned abuses should not be tolerated nor should they be repeated, so now the powers that be should make an example of these American soliders.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Poison Pero said...

You are right, William.......This should never happen.

But the beauty of the American system is we will prosecute those who do wrong.......I was in the Air Force and can tell you the military does not take kindly to looking bad.

Those who deserve punishment will get it........And I'm talking real punishment. Not some kind of ridiculous punishment like we hear in civilian trials.
----------
That said, this shouldn't detract from the war, or the methods we use to extract information from prisoners........Torture for the sake of torture isn't acceptable, but I'm not willing to say all torture is unacceptable.

I think we should have tortured Sodom, then thrown him in the streets of the Kurds.......Civilized justice is usually better, but there are cases where barbarism is just.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Goat said...

Have a look at how they treat prisoners, http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/158187.php#158187

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger William said...

Pero, I do agree with you. I think that effective torture is a necessary means for information acquisition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home