Thursday, January 19, 2006

Chirac

I have noticed that there are quite a few things happening in the news today. I have found it difficult to pinpoint an issue that invokes thought while enabling me to express my full opinion on the matter. We are aware of the threats made by Osama about which we all have our own opinions. On that, I respect our governments rigidity: 'The United States does not negotiate with terrorists.'

However, my concern arises regarding our distant but relatively loyal French government. Jacques Chirac has announced that a terrorist attack in France will result in France using nuclear weapons on the accused nation. I think that such rash decisions should be more closely considered.

Our world has seen the lasting effects of nuclear warfare. We know that such tactics are brutal and inhumane although necessary under the most impossible conditions. That said, we have not fully seen the force of terrorism. Therefore, we should truly consider that a nuclear attack would not only harm more innocent lives, but it would ultimately ignite the fires of our enemies. Are we seriously prepared for such global animosity? Tensions are high enough already. I think that nuclear warfare should be a last resort, not the primary.

4 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger None said...

Yup.. thumbs down to a nuke fight.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Poison Pero said...

How about if the Islamists get loose with a nuke? Or a Bio/Chem?

I don't think any major Western city will be hit with a nuke by any of the Islamists.......But it wouldn't take much for them to go off with a Bio/Chem.

Check out this book: Germs
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0684871599/qid=1137818230/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/002-8405739-4344803?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

One of the most important books of the past 10 years.......And it was written before 9/11.
-----------
Back to the question about nuking.

Iran, Syria and the Saudis are all in cahoots with the Islamists, and if a Bio/Chem goes off in a Western city, I see no reason why that country shouldn't use a nuke on each of those three countries.

They have the power to put an end to Al-Qaeda, but they don't want to.....As such, they are responsible for the problem.

I have no problem with ChIraq's statement.......And think we should do likewise.

Ultimate strength is the only deterent these clowns understand.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Goat said...

I have some good links up on this as well as some great analysis. I agree Parklife a nuclear showdown is in nobodies best interest that is why Iran and their apocolyptic leaders should not be allowed to possess the tchnology.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger None said...

I think most agree on this topic. Iran with nukes = really bad things. I just wish Putin didn't harbor cold war attitudes. I thought we were past that. He is one of the biggest loons out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home