Thursday, September 15, 2005

One Nation Over God

One judge has once again decided that the term 'one nation under God' is unconstitutional; therefore, it has been this judge's decision to expel the pledge of allegiance from public schools.

Now, I do have an opinion about this: it's absurd. I begin by exclaiming that the pledge of allegiance is a patriotic decree which to me ignites a child's nationalism. In fact, the plege of allegiance is just as necessary as the national anthem when instilling a sense of national pride within an individual. So, this judge in his furious anger with God decides to disspate the pledge. Okay. Let me say that in politcally correct terminology. So, this judge in his furious anger with God decides to dissipate the pledge. Supreme Court Judge Nominee Roberts puts it this way, "This judge does not intend to protect our citizens from all things unconstitutional, but this judge intends to declare war upon all things religious."

Now, for this judge who is an atheist (self professed) contests God upon the grounds that God does not exist. Well, I am not attempting to prove his existence; yet, I am compelled to ask this question: If we discount God's existence solely upon our inability to see him, then can we not on the same grounds dismiss so many other seemingly intangibles?

What I mean is this: we believe in courage, we belive in patriotism, and we believe in ethics. Prove to me that these exist. Better yet, prove to me that we can live without them. Imagine a world without courage, without patriotism, and without ethics. In such a world, we would be demolished by anarchy (even though anrchy wouldn't exist), we could not muster any national unity (even though this wouldn't exist), and we could never confront the issue (even though fear wouldn't exist either).

My point is that such a world could not exist because the intangibles define our existence. That said, how could we ever discount the presence of a higher power? To me, that's absurd. Considering the absurdity of the idea, would it not make sense for us to grant such a higher power some type of thanks as we express our national pride. What really is the problem with 'one nation under God?' Or have we become so prideful that we are now one nation over God?

6 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger Poison Pero said...

Nice new blog you have going here, William.

Saved ya to my favs and will check in periodically.......I hope you'll do the same.

http://therightisright.blogspot.com/
--------
FYI: Not to be a pain in the rear, but I was looking at your Profile, and noticed your favorite movies.......Hotel Rwanda, not Rowanda. --> I'm assuming that's what you meant. It caught my attention because I'm fond of it as well.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Very good point of view there. Very insightful. Except that liberals already live in a world without patrotism and they are surviving.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I like you. I am going to blogroll you right now!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Hi there. I am saving your page because you have similar beliefs. It is refreshing to listen to a blog that's got good values.

I'll be back.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger William said...

Gabrielle Eden: Thank you so much, my friend.

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bizarre thing is, I found this page searching for the phrase "One Nation Over God", which I just thought up by myself as something that should be in the Pledge.

Yes, it is prideful. When I was young, it was a good thing to be proud to be an American. What happened?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home